The FirstArtRescueTeam was founded by Moniek Toebosch on September27, 2007 at its inaugural meeting in the Conference Centre De Horst in Driebergen (The Netherlands, Europe).
Each artist present at this meeting has been officially installed as a founding member.
Goals of the First Art Rescue Team:
- To rescue the world from indifference, through:
A. Art rescue parties
B. Personal art rescue interventions in private houses
C. Liberating rescue performance actions in government buildings, tv studios, supermarkets, football stadiums, hospitals, schools, universities, factories, corporate offices and the public domain.
- To prevent art from being limited by the actions of government, the (cultural) elite, and mass-media.
- To update new territories for artistic activism through virtual input and exchange http://www.firstartrescueteam.eu).
- To set up new educational models for art activism.
- To establish secret factories for art weapons.
- To train and finance undercover armies of artists for intervention / rescue operations in villainous states.
- To encourage advanced research into the different connotations of art in relation to activism and to restore successful concepts of extreme art activism as a model.
- To bring artists in action as staff members in public, private, health, education and business organizations & enterprises to renew business policy, to refresh communications and to create inventive products.
- To create a worldwide fund for engaged artists and art activism.